Thursday, February 25, 2010

mother nature befuddles me

In anticipation of the new seeds I am awaiting and the onslaught of spring that must be just around the corner. I am trying to figure out the seeding schedule.

Last year I made the mistake of seeding some thing indoors instead of directly into the ground. I guess i get really worried about late frost and freeze. I have looked at the charts and I always scoff at the dates... April 20th? really? what about the mothers day snow that seems to happen every few years.

the good news is that much of what I want to plan directly is somewhat frost "tolerant" and so I am going to risk things and plant outside much earlier that I have in previous years.

sadly for me that means getting my garden into gear while wearing long underwear.

here is one link i found helpful in figuring out all of this.

No comments: