Thursday, February 25, 2010

my feet are taped

or as we joke at work "bound"

but let's back track. Last year in desperation I reached out to an acupuncturist for my allergies. The doctor was a guy that one of my co workers had seen and was great. He wasn't super into the new age-y part of acupuncture, but it seemed to help and I was happy. Until... late last summer I found out that my Dr was moving to Afghanistan where his entire extended family was relocating.

I was upset, but not as much and another coworker what had started seeing him for headaches. she was able to fine a Chinese acupuncturist in the city and regaled us with stories of chi and sorters and foot taping.

Fast forward to last month. My coworker (who had originally found the doctor because the doctor shared the space with a chiropractor) went to the chiropractor and came back with great news. A new acupuncturist would be starting soon.

I let both of my coworkers visit before deciding to go today. The one said that the new doctor did exactly what the old doctor had done, the other now having gone to two different doctors said he was closer to the Chinese doctor that our original.

So I went. I had about 7 more pins than I used to, and my feet are taped. I did make another appointment, though, because I am willing to suffer through extra needles and have faith on these meridians if it means my allergies don't start up. My diagnosis today: my Kidney was strong, but my Spleen needed work. also I must have had some Lung problems based on the pain I had at some of my points.

2 comments:

alana. said...

I've been considering acupuncture of a long time, and really should just go give it a try. Youve had a lot of progress with it allergy wise? Ever use it to treat anything else?

I don't really know much about the whole process, to be honest...

sarah said...

I haven't used it for anything else, but my one co worker goes for horrible migraines and she has had a lot of success.

I was willing to give it a try after hearing from a few different co workers how have all gone for different reasons (arthritis, colitis, allergies, back pain.) some have had more success than others but the nice thing is that it can't hurt.

If it isn't too expensive for you you should try it. Usually you will have to go a bunch in the beginning and then tone it down to every other week or once a month or when needed.