Sunday, September 26, 2010

Brr

So in the past week I have experienced highs near 90 and lows close to 45.

I got my garlic this past week and I will need to get it in the ground soon. I will also have to clean up my garden for the season. I picked 3 semi ripe tomatoes this week in anticipation of the dropping temps. There are a few green ones still out there but I have to face the depressing facts: summer is over and winter is on its way.

I dislike this part of the growing season (trying to not say hate). The funny thing is I love fall, but the death of my garden is hard to handle. So I will probably sulk for the next week until the rain stops and I actually start taking down my garden.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was little, my grandmother would pick the not yet ripe tomatoes and wrap them in newspaper. Then they would ripen naturally over time.

sarah said...

you know I really should try that. I have heard it before and I think dad did it when I was a kid, but I haven't tried it myself. I should also pick the small peppers too