Friday, March 26, 2010

I am too young for this

so you all may recall that my body is slowly falling apart... like a short rib cooked for 10 hours.

Anyway I went to the chiropractor/ acupuncturist yesterday. I did my acupuncture session and then saw the chiropractor for may latest problem my ankle. Diagnosis: injured too many times not stable and in need of an orthotic. So in two weeks time I will get my first pair of orthotics. These will supposedly help my: weak ankle, my shin splints and my sore knees (oh and stabilize my lower back).
So here is my question: why weren't the orthotics suggested to me before (when I asked my aunt a DO) about my painful shin splints or knee problems? and What did people do before holistic health care? In the last year I have had more of my body problems solved questions answered and on time appointments with this office than I have ever had with a regular MD or DO.

I know many people don't believe these types of doctors actually heal problems, but my two cents is if your regular doctor can't help you maybe you should consider an alternative. The best part is my insurance has been great able this so far.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how old are you? as you know i have been seeing a chiropractor A LOT for my back ailment. i mentioned to him that if these are the issues i face at 31, i don't wanna know what 60 is like. and he cheerfully told me everyone's body starts falling apart in the 30s.

sarah said...

i will be 29 this year... sigh

Anonymous said...

it's such a joke. we are way too young for this crap!

Malesa said...

Don't you love good insurance? I went to a chiro after a car accident because it was free. I wasn't too impressed with the back cracking or electro-stuff, but I loved the massages and I think they really helped.