Monday, March 15, 2010

whats better than strawberry freezer jam?

...Strawberry freezer jam spread between two layers of yellow cake iced with cream cheese frosting! I don't know why it took me this long to think of spreading my yummy homemade jam as a filling in cake. I don't think I'll make that oversight again.

Let's see, what else is new?
It is cold here again, but with no snow and a lot more sun I am a much happier person.

Bill and I bought this rain barrel over the weekend

we got it at a good price (though they are still fairly expensive) and we got this nice grey color. We bought it at a garden supply store that we like during their home and garden show on Saturday.

I have past the half way point of my lectures for Level two this weekend. June 5th is the big day, so just two and a half more months of studying. I have been at a steady pace of about 2-3 hours a day, but that will soon need to be bumped up to 3.5-4, so when my blogging lags or is totally unoriginal I am sorry.

I got my new glasses today and I am very excited to report that Bill agrees with me... the remind us of an Andes mint.

and finally giving up chocolate for Lent has been one of the hardest Lenten sacrifices I have made in recent years. But to come full circle, the sacrifice is a tad easier when you have a slice of yellow cake with strawberry jam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YUMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYY!!!!1