Monday, August 02, 2010

busy busy busy

Wow I can't believe it is already August!

My fifth wedding anniversary will be on the sixth.
Bill's best friend will be married on the sixth.
My brother is turning 25 and my grandfather will be 75 next week (12th and 10th).
Next week, in 3 days, we have 5 birthdays in our families.
My last day of work is the 31st, I can't believe I have been here for 7 years.

Anyway let's talk about the weekend. Friday Bill and I tried to go see Inception, however forces were working against us, as the projector broke during the previews (though at least we weren't half way through the movie). Saturday evening we had Bill's last "new student" event, a wine tasting at Bin 36. It was fun, and we had dinner there with some of the attendees. (Mint ravioli with lamb ragout.... mmm mmm good)
Sunday I ran around non stop.... Winnie had her second to last class and she mad me so proud. Then it was off to the farmers market to get yummy fruits. Went home and made Chicago style (sort of) hot dogs and cut up the musk melon. Went outside and weeded and then ran to the grocery store. Came home and made a tortellini salad and potato salad for dinner and chicken salad for lunch. boiled the carcass of the chicken for broth. did some laundry and then sunk into the couch for a hour of tv before bed.
I needed to do some ironing, but that will just have to happen today or tomorrow.

I hope your weekend was just as productive.

1 comment:

Malesa said...

August always seems to be crazy busy for some reason.