Wednesday, August 11, 2010

wednesday - cream puff edition

So the last few days have been pretty hot and sticky here, which means Bill and I have resorted to using the pedway from the train. Our rout takes us by one of these. Today I couldn't stand the smell of "fresh and natural" cream puffs any longer. So we stopped by and got one. OMG! they are very yummy. It is a good thing that I won't be walking along that pedway much longer, Otherwise I would gain way to much cream puffery around the middle.

So because we have been super busy and it has been very hot, I have not been cooking much, and my garden is totally a tangle of weeds. But that isn't all that I worry about, with a party at our place on Sunday, I need to: plant my fall greens, weed, figure out where the tiny brown ants are coming from, clean the house, finish up the laundry (it is never ending!), make the food for Sunday.

I also am looking into which classes i might want to take, trying to make a better study area in the house, and trying to figure out which computer to buy. Sigh.

Tomorrow we will go out with Brian to celebrate his 25th birthday. My brother is 25!!! that makes me old!!! Yesterday, I called Giddo (my grandpa) to wish him a happy birthday
Me: Hi Giddo, Happy Birthday!
Giddo: Thanks sweetie, your Mimi (my grandma) and I celebrated yesterday.
Me: that's nice did you have a good day?
Giddo: yes, did you know Mimi and I have 150 years of combined wisdom now.
Me: Well that is an interesting way of thinking about it. Happy Birthday Giddo.

I can only hope that Bill and I will live to have 150 years of wisdom between us.

No comments: