Thursday, April 07, 2005

Rainy

so, Chicago has had some really nice weather lately but today is just plain nasty. I am sitting in my office right now and the sky is grey and if you went outside the gusts of wind would blow you away.

But enough about the weather. I haven't posted anything in a while, I guess I didn't realize the commitment I was making when I started this. I mean, it's not like I don't have major commitments already: Everwood, Gilmore Girls, and NBC on Thursdays, not to mention movies and playing videos games with my biggest commitment Bill. Hi Bill! So as you can see my life is incredibly busy, which means posting during work hours. But that is difficult too, because I have commitments to other boards, checking my email, reading the news, and, well, work.

Ok so now that I have given my excuses I will start my post...

So the Pope died, may he rest in peace, and now they are turning away mourners. I think that's pretty silly though, I mean these are the true believers and you are just going to turn them away?!? Hasn't the Church lost enough followers lately? But, I am more interested in the process of getting a new pope. 100% of what I know about that process is from Dan Brown's book Angels and Demons, and since Brown is sorta high and the Church's "we don't like you very much list" I wonder if I have been misinformed. (I mean I am using a fiction book to base all of my knowledge on.)

In other news the price of pulling a taxi cab has increased in Chicago. It used to be like $1.90 and now it will be like $2.15. Why can't the just get nice even numbers?

If you can't tell I am trying out all the fonts available to me. I think I like Times the best, and will probably post in the future in times.

Well, it is almost Friday again and there are now 43 days until my trip to Ireland and 121 until W day. It is also the 5th business day of the month and that means next week will be a busy one at work. My live has been boring though I was please when my book I ordered on Amazon (which was shipped from Momence, IL) only took 3 days instead of 10 to get to me. You must realize that Momence is only 2 hours away from the city and I could have driven to the frickin warehouse myself much quicker that the postal service did. I think they should give you that option. They tell you what warehouse your stuff is coming from and you have the option of driving there and getting it and paying no shipping. Just my $.02. I did see Sin City, and enjoyed it. The cinematography was really cool, besides it had some of my favorites from WB shows. I watched Troy on Wednesday and it was pretty good. I was never a fan of the Illiad, but I can handle a buch of topless men :)

ok well I have been at work for an hour now and done nothing but eat my breakfast and play online. I think it is time fore my to sign off and get to work.

1 comment:

RJW said...

sarah drew - she plays the nerdy girl on everwood - she's my age and we went to church together back in high school. Her father was the pastor.

you need to allow anonymous postings, i hate logging in.