Wednesday, November 12, 2008

glum

As we all know, the markets have been down for a while and many people are starting to get calls that no one ever wants to get. I don't know if we have had a sunny day here since election day, but it certainly feels like the weather in mimicking the mood around the city. Yesterday while waiting at the station, I over heard one of the women from my stop talking to a gentleman about the layoffs at her company and she said she was jealous of the two women on maternity leave right now, because the company won't lay them off, and then jokingly she said, "maybe I should get pregnant -- its great job security!" The fact that this would even be a joke is sad.

So, while I am excited for the holidays, pardon me if I seem a bit more like a party-pooper than normal.

No comments: