Wednesday, November 19, 2008

yawn... bedtime story please

this week is dragging ...

Last night, I was pretty tired so I didn't post much including the exciting adventure of Sarah vs the 3 in long centipede.

So, Tuesdays are currently the days the health club offers Pilate's in the evenings (they also have spin, but usually it is hard for me to want to spin for an hour and then go do Pilate's for an hour). Last night, I went and had a lovely hour of exercise and core work. I find pilates a great way to de stress and relax while still getting a good work out. Of course, after that I want to continue the mood in a nice hot shower.

After I am home for a bit (take the dog out etc) I go upstairs and grab everything I need to shower downstairs (this is not because of the work in my upstairs bathroom right now --we have always used the shower downstairs (one of the reasons for the work being done)).

I always glance around the shower for spiders and centipedes as we have had one too many run ins with them; I don't see anything and so I pull the dog into the room (so she won't destroy the rest of my house), disrobe and take off my glasses. I hop into the shower happily singing "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year," which I had just heard on the radio on the ride home.

I turn on the water ... and then see it... and SCREAM. the 3 inches of blurry centipede trying to out run the water -- he must had been hiding where the shower sprayer hangs down. Somehow, he gets washed to the side of the shower on which you enter (sliding shower doors) and I am now up against the wall with the shower sprayer. I turn up the hot water, but realize to wash him down the drain I am standing on I must move.

I am wet, my heart is beating crazy, and I can't see too well. I try to slip out the other side of the shower knocking over the garbage can and easing my way around the sink. At this point, I glance over to my poor petrified puppy, who is sitting the the corner furthest away from the commotion.

I think the centipede has been thoroughly killed by the scalding water by now and try to wash him down the drain. Unfortunately, the length and largeness of the creepy crawly has made him hard to move with the sprayer from the corner to the middle. Once I have maneuvered that part of the operation, I have to try and coax the lifeless body down one of the tiny drain holes. That takes a while, especially after some of his tentacles (legs antenna etc) get caught.

5 min later - I am trying to happily take a nice warm shower, but the relaxing mood was gone and I no longer felt like singing Christmas carols.

2 comments:

Malesa said...

Ugh! I hate creepy crawly things. That reminded me of when I stepped on a spider in the shower once. Nasty. I have to admit though, your story kind of made me chuckle. But I really do feel for you at the same time.

alana. said...

LOL - poor centipede, er, I mean poor Sarah :)