Thursday, November 20, 2008

moving

as you all know my house has been under construction. nothing massive, just enough to drag on and be very annoying.

what you may or may not know is that my office is moving to our parent company's office over this weekend. Which means that we have been packing and living in a general disarray for the last month at work too. well tomorrow is the day they will come in at 9 to start packing up the files and stuff and then start moving boxes into position for the move at 12 and then we lose phones and fax at 3 (but yes we can still work :-P).

What this means for me: I move from my nice window office to a corner cube near a window. my OK walk is now an extra 3 1/2 city blocks and near the icy river. I lose free coffee tea and pop but gain an armark cafeteria.

Overall the move is a good thing and I am happy with my cube especially with a new desk that isn't splintering down the side. I am excited to meet some of the people I work with all the time, but have never met. I also think the space is a better presentation and representation of our business to prospects and current clients.

However, if in the next few weeks you see annoyed posts by someone who started walking on autopilot to her old office, or someone who cant find her files, can't get her computer to work and is annoyed by the new space in general, please be patient. I tend to not like change or meeting people so this isn't easy.

tomorrow we discuss thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

My condolences on the Aramark cafe.